What we don’t like?
- Too big for small rooms.
- Take too much space.
- Connectivity issues.
- Amplification type: Passive, 2 way
- Power Handling: 150w
- Peak power: 600w
- Impedance : 8ohms
- Response range: 64-24k Hz
- Woofer size: 8- inch dual woofers
- Weight: 56 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years
- Magnetic shield: yes
- Coverage: 90X90 degrees
Since 1946 when Klipsch Audio was created, the German company has been among the top tier names of the sound equipment industry.
They are considered as big competitors in the speaker market. Nowadays, space is money, and the price of most luxuries increase as the size of said luxury decreases making it more convenient to use.
The Klipsch Audio R-28F floor standing speakers offer a great low-cost product that is compact, and it is powerful enough to satisfy audiophiles. So, let’s go deeper into the review.
Design is and has always been a standout feature for any Klipsch product. Their overall similar design scheme gives users a sense of homogeneity.
This introduces a lack of user allowed modification and personalization to the look, but the standard Klipsch bold Black and Copper look has now been personified by the company.
The Klipsch floor standing speakers R-28f follow the same dynamic. From a purely aesthetic point of view, R-28F looks like many other Klipsch speakers.
It has a simple yet stylish design. The cabinets are firm and made of quality MDF, covered by black vinyl. The front face of this speaker is designed in a way that makes it look like it’s genuinely floating.
Let’s take a look at the Klipsch R-28F’s specs
IMG Woofer: The Injection Molded Graphite or IMG woofer, is a component designed to give the R-28F an outstanding deep and natural low-frequency response with minimal cone breakup, giving the bass response of the speaker a deeper angle.
The bass becomes noticeable while it keeps a fine balance with sound clarity. This module is perfect for floor standing speakers, where sound quality and clarity are imperative.
The size of the woofer is 8-inches, but each speaker has two of them, which gives the user more bass than one could get in a speaker of these specs. The punchy solid bass makes this model perfect for larger sized rooms where room acoustics are not that necessary for a good sound.
LTS Tweeter: The Linear Travel Suspension tweeter made by Kapton industries embedded into the Klipsch r-28F for a more enhanced, detailed volume performance.
These tweeters are homogenous throughout all Klipsch speakers and give them their signature natural sound. This tweeter, coupled with the IMG woofers, produce a bass-enriched, stable sound that accommodates extreme high and low volumes — making it perfect for its intended audiophilic user base.
Front Port: There are two front-firing ports placed dynamically on the front of the speakers to reduce vibration, turbulence and in turn making the set more stable and dynamic.
Usually, the firing ports are on the back, but with the increased bass of this model, the ports were kept on the face to compensate turbulence. It also makes it possible for the user to store them in a smaller work environment.
Tractrix Horn: The R-28F also features the trademark Klipsch Tractrix horn. This improves the speaker’s acoustics and gives balance to the sound. This acoustic tech is used to enhance the natural sound, and it is an essential element of the Klipsch sound signature.
The Klipsch R-28F proudly carries a price tag of under $500, which is pretty reasonable for the specs provided. Along with the warranty, the speaker becomes a good investment.
The price factors as a big selling point for the R-28F. These speakers fall in the more reasonable end of the spectrum in the field of world-renowned audio. Klipsch audio keeps its promise of providing amazing speakers at affordable prices.
- The set is a solid piece of audio technology, with a powerful output
- The R-28f has a good bass response and a versatile frequency response
- The 8-inch dual woofers provide strong bass and are good with low-frequency volumes.
- The LTS tweeter provides a loud sound response while complimenting the bass provided by the IMG woofers.
- The two components are complementary and give the speaker its versatile sound response.
- The R-28F has a distinct clarity in its sound even on high bass volumes.
- The speaks has a deep bass response while having clear highs.
- The R-28F is compatible with all other Klipsch audio systems.
- Durability is a given when one invests in a set of Klipsch speakers
- The R-28F makes good on the promise. The speakers have a long-lasting build, so they make a good long-term investment.
- Connectivity problems such as lack of NFC and Bluetooth.
- Size fitting issues due to long cabinet
- The speaker does not have inherent amplification, so an external amplifier is required for a better output
- The lack of colors available and types of modifications given.
What’s in the Box?
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Detachable grills
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- A dual RCA cable to connect the two speakers
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
Yes, this type of speaker is indeed meant for a specific type of user base, but it is much more than that. This speaker is for the beginner audiophiles. It has all the features and facilities an excellent professional Floorstanding speaker should have.
The price tag, being under $500, is relatively cheap for the service provided. So, the drawbacks of the R-28F floor standing speaker are always hidden because of all the other great features. Hence for entry-level audiophiles and those who boast experience, this is the best floor standing speaker that have graced the current market.