What we don’t like
- Viable for small rooms.
- Highs can be shrill.
- Amplification type: Passive
- Nominal Output Power: 100 W
- Max (RMS) Output Power: 400 W
- Impedence: 8 ohms
- Response range: 38 Hz – 24 kHz
- Woofer size: 7.5 Inches
- Weight: 41.9 Pounds
- Warranty: 5 years
- Magnetic shield: Yes
- Sensitivity: 97 dB
One name that is renowned all over the audio world is that of Klipsch. They have a history of manufacturing some of the best sound equipment out there, and the Klipsch R-26F speakers are no exceptions.
If you are looking for noticeable highs, then these speakers are perfect for you. Let’s look at the highs and lows of the speaker itself in this Klipsch R-26F review.
Unlike the Klipsch AW-650, this is one of those Klipsch speakers that cover all the bases regardless of their importance. These Klipsch tower speakers are designed to look appealing and classy as well as to provide a sound quality to die for.
They feature a two-way cabinet with three speakers; a single tweeter and two woofers. What makes this model of Klipsch stand out in terms of its looks is the black veneer construction that it has.
The brushed black texture looks appealing and allows for it to blend in any home décor. With copper colored woofers and a Klipsch logo that fits perfectly at the bottom center of the speaker, this model indeed looks fantastic.
The appearance of a speaker might not even be a factor to consider for a lot of people as there focus on the quality of sound that a speaker produces.
Since the quality of the sound is determined by the features of a speaker, let’s move on to the features section of this Klipsch R-26F floor standing speaker review.
Aluminum Horn Tweeters
Klipsch R-26F has a versatile 1-inch Tractrix horn tweeter which is made up of ultralight aluminum. Due to this build of the tweeter, it features a linear travel suspension technology for a natural and realistic performance.
The versatility of these tweeters comes from the fact that they have a broad frequency range and they also accommodate for midrange frequencies.
When it comes to the size of these speakers, they are only 39 x 7.8 x 13.5 (height x width x depth) and weigh 41.9 pounds. This lightweight and minimalistic design of these speakers in combination with its stylistically textured construction allow for these speakers to be the best choice for small rooms.
Injection Molded Graphite Woofer
Equipped with 6.5-inch IMG woofers the sound quality of these speakers boosted even further. The copper spun IMG woofers have a very high-output range, which makes sure that the bass response is adequate for the whole room.
Gold Plated Wiring
The wiring on these speakers is five-way bi-amped, bi-wired that is gold plated. Due to this, the wire has high conductivity and high durability. Consequently, all speakers receive maximum full power for the best performance.
Considering the type of speakers, these are and other floor standing speakers, the R-26F is highly affordable. The $349.99 price of these speakers is reasonable considering several smaller shelf speakers come at $300 and more.
Getting amazing speakers that are bigger and cover a larger area for the same price is an excellent deal. At the same time, the R-26F is arguably the best Klipsch speaker for small to medium areas that you can get.
- It is compatible with most amplifiers in the market today, which allows you to tune your sounds as per your liking.
- It consists of Bi-amped and Bi-wired wiring with binding post terminals which allow for more effortless connectivity.
- It is equipped with detachable grilles which makes its placement and utilization user optimized.
- Due to its black veneer finish, it looks stylish unlike a lot of floor standing speakers
- It will fit perfectly in whichever room you place it in.
- The sound produced by the floor standing speaker is of fantastic quality and is fit for the ears of an audiophile.
- The sole purpose of the creator of Klipsch r-26f was to create a means of providing better sound.
- The detachable grills also make it easier to clean as compared to the floor standing speakers that do not have the detachable grills.
- It is a two-way speaker, which means that it is not equipped with a dedicated driver for handling midrange frequencies.
- Due to the high sensitivity rating of 97 dB, the audio output is less precise and detailed as other speakers.
- Since it is specifically designed for small to medium rooms, it is not loud enough for bigger places, for instance, a small auditorium.
What is in the box?
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (Installed)
- 2 Feet
- 4 Screws
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Loudspeaker Feet Note
If you are looking for the clearest of highs and amazing sound quality for a small to medium room, then there is no better choice than the R-26F. It is one of the best speakers produced by an already amazing company like Klipsch.
The name Klipsch is itself quality guarantee enough as far as the sound quality is concerned. Being compatible with most amplifiers in the market. The design of the speakers is one of the main attraction when it comes to the Klipsch R-26F floor standing speakers because every feature in its structure has a useful purpose.
Furthermore, there is also a 5 year warranty on all of the floor standing speakers made by Klipsch which further shows the confidence and quality of the company.
These speakers also use a minimal amount of power to operate and once a listener’s ears get used to the speaker’s sound, there is hardly any other speaker that comes close to the Klipsch R-26F as far as the pricing, the sound quality as well as the sleek design is concerned. All in all, the sound produced by Klipsch R-26F is fit for any audiophile.