Since its formation in 1946, Klipsch Audio has been among the top tier companies of the sound equipment industry and are heavy competitors in the luxury brand speaker market.
Nowadays, space is money, and the price of most luxuries increase as the size of said luxury decreases making it more convenient to use. The Klipsch Audio R-24F floor standing speakers offer a great fair-cost product that is compact, yet powerful enough to satisfy audiophiles. So, let’s go deeper with the Klipsch R24-F review.
These speakers, like all others from the company, boast the signature Klipsch look; the bold black and copper look, complimented with the subtly placed Klipsch logo on the front.
The speaker has dual 4.5-inch copper-colored IMG woofers, giving the bass a solid kick. The height of each speaker is 37.5-inches, the width; 6.5-inches, and the depth is 10-inches so that the set doesn’t too much space and is easy to fit into entertainment setups with limited space.
The R-24F features a veneer polished MDF case which is available in two colors. Ebony; which is the natural black and copper look, and Cherry; which is a change of the main chassis of the speakers, featuring a brown wood-like finish to suit some users’ area requirements.
The copper-colored woofer cones stay constant in both variants. The speaker has detachable magnetic grills to change its design as per the requirement of the user’s setting.
Let’s take a look at the Klipsch R-24F’s specs
IMG Woofer: The Injection Molded Graphite or IMG woofer, is a component designed to give the R-24F an outstanding low-frequency response with minimal cone breakup, giving the bass response of the speaker a deeper angle.
The bass becomes noticeable while it keeps a fine balance with sound clarity. This module is perfect for shelf speakers, where sound quality and clarity are imperative.
The size of the woofer is 4.5-inch, but the speaker has two of them, which gives the user more bass than one could get in a speaker of these specs.
LTS Tweeter: The Linear Travel Suspension tweeter made by Kapton industries embedded into the Klipsch R-24F for a more enhanced, detailed volume performance.
These tweeters are homogenous throughout all Klipsch speakers and give them their signature natural sound. This tweeter, coupled with the IMG woofers, produce a bass-enriched, stable sound that accommodates extreme high and low volumes — making it perfect for its intended audiophilic user base.
Rear Port: There the speaker has back-firing ports placed dynamically on the back of the speakers to reduce vibration, turbulence and in turn making the set more stable and dynamic.
Tractrix Horn: The R-24F also features the trademark Klipsch Tractrix horn. This improves the speaker’s acoustics and gives balance to the sound. This acoustic tech is used to enhance the natural sound, it is an essential element of the Klipsch sound, and it helps get the promised natural clean sound.
One of the key points of selling of the Klipsch R-24F is its affordability. For the specifications it provides, a $250 price tag seems fair. Most speakers in this price range are smaller and with much less attention to sound quality. So for the specs given, the price is worth the splurge.
- The dual woofers that this Klipsch bookshelf speaker boasts pack a powerful punch.
- They give an excellent low-frequency response and are good with low-frequency volumes.
- The LTS tweeter provides a loud sound response while complimenting the bass provided by the IMG woofers.
- The two components are complimentary and give the speaker its versatile sound response.
- The high bass produces a very warm effect.
- The design is perhaps the R-24F’s best selling point; the bold, tall design fits well into speaker settings.
- Compatibility with the Klipsch ecosystem.
- Durability is a fundamental Klipsch promise, and they keep it very aptly with this model.
- The casing and build are top notch and thus becomes a long term investment.
- The large woofers and tweeter make the speaker suitable for both large and small rooms.
- Which is an added benefit looking at how normal bookshelf speakers face this as a primary problem.
- The longer height becomes a disadvantage as the speaker becomes too big for some settings.
- The speakers face a lack of modern connectivity, which is essential for speakers today.
- The absence of Bluetooth and NFC becomes a hindrance for the speakers when they compete with newer models.
What’s in the Box?
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Detachable grills
- Self-adhesive rubber feet
- An RCA cable for connectivity
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
The Klipsch R-24F is an excellent product by the Klipsch Audio company. Yes, the speaker indeed lacks in a few regions, the low volume clarity is a valid issue, the size too for some users, but the speaker makes up for it in every other aspect.
The bold black and copper design and its size allow the R-24F to blend into most settings as per a customer’s requirement. The mastery in sound and versatility in frequency response is something not many speakers offer.
The larger than normal woofers produce a very soothing bass, and the reliable overall sound performance overshadows the problems in the system. The price tag attached to the specs is a point that adds to why the Klipsch R-24F is the best floor standing speaker in its specs range.